top of page
  • Grant A. Toeppen

How an Attorney Fills Out a Petition for Appointment for Limited Conservator of the Person (CA)

Do you have a developmentally disabled individual in your life? If so, this video could be very important for you. It shows you how an attorney fills out a petition for a limited conservatorship of the person only.

Once an individual reaches age 18 in California, they are presumed to have legal capacity. Many parents of developmentally disabled children are shocked to learn that once their child turns 18, they can no longer make medical decisions, or decisions about where their child lives, or a litany of other types of decisions for them. It can shock unprepared families and cause much anxiety. A limited conservatorship allows the parents to continue to make these sorts of decisions for their beloved child (or other family member or friend).

This video shows how I fill out a Petition for Appointment of Probate Conservator of the Person (Limited Conservatorship) for California limited conservatorships. This is the most difficult form to fill out of the forms typically required (GC-310, GC-312, GC-314, GC-320, GC-335, GC-340, GC-350).

Nothing in this video or my post is meant to be construed as legal advice, nor does it form an attorney-client relationship between us. The purpose of this video is to make it so you don't need an attorney. The purpose of my practice is to keep you away from the courts, minimize your legal fees for the inevitable by getting things straight up front, and to keep your affairs "in the family" whenever possible.

I, attorney Grant A. Toeppen, am based in Manteca, California and have an office in Livermore, California. I have done dozens of limited conservatorships in San Joaquin, Stanislaus, and Sacramento Counties.

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page